Tuesday, July 3, 2012

You Must Create Your Own Drama

Today I feel like nothing and no one. I have been oozing around my apartment making half-hearted attempts to be productive only to abandon them within minutes for more oozing.

At some point I experienced hunger and oozed to the kitchen to find it dirty and lacking anything I wanted to eat, so I oozed back to the seat in front of my computer. I remembered that I could actually have someone from the outside of my ooze bring me food but then I have no desire for anything that I actually can have delivered. Oh, yeah, that's right... it's because I really have no real feeling for anything right now.

Then ice cream came to mind. Mmmm. (I'm lactose intolerant but willingly suffer for ice cream.) But of course, ice cream is far... it's outside of my ooze zone.

But then I remembered that I had a small pint of Haagen Dazs caramel au beurre salé stashed in the freezer.

Ooze battling fantastic-ness. Source.

I am eating said yumminess right now.

And it is fueling my ability to write.

So what is actually causing all this ooziness? I'm not normally all oozy like this, I suppose you could say I'm a bit depressed. But the truth is...

I'm impatient.

I'm feeling like this because I'm *waiting* for things to be delivered so that I can finish making my wonderful handmade wedding invitations, triumphantly putting them in the mail and sending them out to all the lovely guests who are anxiously awaiting them. (At least I hope they are.)

But today I am making no progress because I have to wait for the post.

So I ooze on... Ooze momentarily suspended by creamy goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment