Saturday, March 10, 2012

Must You Have A Theme?

I suppose I rushed into things and never really told you all the basic details of the wedding that we're planning. Surely I should list my inspiration and vision for the event but I must admit that both are a bit vague. It all started with this (cue fade-out and "flashback" music):
Gorgeous Yuzen paper from Paper Source

When Mr. Fox and I had decided that we would soon be engaged, I started doing what most sane (or insane, take your pick) women do: I began looking for wedding inspiration. For some reason I decided that invitations were the thing that I was in love with at the moment and went on a hunt. My friend Google directed me to some wonderful places and I discovered Wedding Paper Divas and Paper Source. With the Divas, I was having trouble finding something that really fit me though I was enamored by several things just like this:

Lovely Fall-Themed invitation from Wedding Paper Divas.
When I thought I had something just about right, it would be just too expensive to get the whole suite. Then there was the Goldilocks problem where something was just not quite right, just didn't quite fit though it was eye-catching and beautiful. So I gave up after looking at every. single. one. of their offerings and not seeing mine and Mr. Fox's names emblazoned upon them. On to Paper Source!

Once on PS I wandered over to their How To & Workshops page. Browsing around, I hatched the idea that I could simply DIY (or DIMyself, though DIM looks bad) the invitations and make them exactly what I wanted them to be!!! (cue triumphant trumpets) This is when I started to check out their wondrous paper assortment and found the Japanese Yuzen papers. I took a course in origami way back when I was a tot and fondly remembered the lovely, delicate papers. When I saw the Red Pink Brown leaves pattern above, I had found my muse! I was inspired! I felt excitement welling up in my stomach and just had to order! (cue whipping out credit card sound effect) 

The wedding decoration details, the colors, the theme were summarized so well for me in that gorgeous sheet of rice paper. I decided then and there that we would have a fall-themed wedding (think falling leaves everywhere) with red as the main color with accents of dark orange, tan and pink. The venue should exude a warm, welcoming feel that reminds you of mulled apple cider and comfy sweaters. I was off! ...and ahead of myself. We hadn't even gotten engaged yet!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment