Friday, March 30, 2012

I Must Have Had A Wedding Pseudo-Nightmare

Yep. You heard me right. I had a pseudo wedding nightmare. Why a pseudo nightmare? Mostly because I did not wake up in a cold sweat screaming. It wasn't that bad (depending on what you personally find to be a nightmare in wedding planning gone wrong). I'll share what I do remember... but I apologize in advance for things that don't quite make sense. It's a dream, remember?



It was the morning of my wedding. I was preparing myself the way you normally would for a day of such gravity. After I was done, I got into the car with one of my bridesmaids to go to the church. Once we arrived, I remembered that I had forgotten my engagement ring (this actually did happen to me for our real life civil ceremony) and we needed to go back. We had a brief discussion about if I really needed the ring and the time it would take, blah blah blah, but we did go back.

(fast forward through things I do not remember as more than a blur)


Then I for some reason needed to change the bridesmaid line up. Somebody needed to be added but did not have a dress (completely bizarre considering it was the day of). So we went to a place like Nordstrom. And I remember my mobile phone was acting up. I had sent text messages to my other bridesmaids but received two responses that could not be read due to "network traffic" (this could be carry over from my game's traffic issues this past week).

While the BM I was with was trying on her dresses, I was checking myself out in the mirror. I remember the dress being cream-colored, form-fitting, and lacy. I remember it looked d*mn sexy on me! But then I panicked because you could see the sexy black undergarments I had on underneath. Big wedding dress no-no. So I had to get home so I could change into some nude-colored undies.

We eventually got back to my place and while I was rooting around looking for undies that were not only nude but also in the correct size (for some reason there were like 3 different sizes in the drawer). I looked over at the clock on the nearby table and noticed it was 8:47pm. I was like, "Oh no! We'll never get married today! Look at the time!" So nude undies found, I went tearing through my room looking for the documents we would need to authorize (yes, authorize) a marriage the next day since we probably would not manage to get it done today.

And then I was woken up by the reverse gear beeping of the Sperrmüll truck outside. Thank goodness!

So what did we learn, folks? We learned that I need to remember:

1. NO black undies
2. Make sure all bridesmaids are on MY schedule and not adding folks at the last minute
3. I apparently look sexy in cream lace (maybe in the future, but not today)
4. Make a packing list for the day of so as not to forget the important things (again)
5. Call people if your text messages go through
6. Beware of 8:47pm!

Have you had a pre-wedding dream? Did you learn anything from it?

No comments:

Post a Comment