Monday, April 23, 2012

Ideas Must Have A Birthplace

Currently, I am in France with my in-laws, learning French and being away from Mr. Fox (I whined talked about this here, and here, and here). Recently, I was in OrlĂ©ans completing my full day French civic training or la formation civique where I got the in-a-nutshell version of French history and was introduced to the French constitution and civil rights documents. It was heavy. I also am taking French lessons for 3 hours a day, 4 days per week in order to prepare for the DILF A1.1 exam in June. Aside from all that, I have no regular contact with anyone who speaks English with any fluency.

Needless to say, I am distracted.

But distraction cannot stop me for I have less than 6 months to get all this wedding stuff together. Yet, in spite of the need for speed, I am plumb out of ideas. Well, this is not true. Actually the problem is that my ideation process is interrupted by, well, French. So I decided that I should take this French thing by the horns and use it to my advantage.

Enter: French bridal magazines.

My collection of French Bridal magazines. Please ignore the rumpled comforter underneath. I've been busy.
Malheureusement, or unfortunately, my level of French isn't good enough to really understand the lovely articles inside. However, pictures speak a universal language. So I flipped through each one of these lovely periodicals and tore out the pages containing pictures that I found inspiring. Afterward, I took my handy dandy hole puncher and punched! some! holes! in said inspiring pics and put them in my wedding binder (which I fought against starting for so long).

So now I've got a bunch more ideas. Which is good. Yet...

I really need to focus on invitations now.

(insert the procrastinator's theme here... oh wait, they didn't make one yet)

No comments:

Post a Comment