Thursday, April 12, 2012

Must Have: A Wedding Crush

I am a habitual crusher. I have been my whole life. My high school (and even middle school) days were full of crushes. Those pointless kind where you obsessively like a boy for 3 days just because he said something funny and it was actually TO you (or maybe just in your general direction, but at 14 it's all the same). So it's no surprise that my tendency toward crushiness has continued on to this day. But instead of boys I'm crushing on (Mr. Fox is all the boy man I need), it's weddings. And this is the wedding I've got a crush on:


Of course I was not searching YouTube for wedding videos. I actually found this bride and her wedding through their blog when I was looking for customizable invitation ideas on Wedding Bee. I really liked the invitations she put together with the help of nothing more than a cheap Epson printer, great ideas and love. I loved the way Mrs. Apple Cider described her invitation making process, including her cost breakdown. I loved all the little personal details she put into them. I loved how she really let her personality shine and was able to make the post so warm and friendly. And I voraciously read every single post on her blog. 

And it made me want my wedding to be like hers.

Well, no, not exactly like hers. She had a rustic, outdoor wedding at a vineyard. Mine won't be any of that. She had a custom made dress. I bought mine at the largest bridal retail chain in the US. She DIY'd everything. And that's actually where our two weddings will be similar (I hope… especially since I tend to be optimistic).

No comments:

Post a Comment